It's time to choose my first single! My first single. Wow. This is really happening.
Now... the decision about which song to choose for the first single is a really important one because as my friend and fellow songwriter Ross Falzone says "You're only new in town once".
David and I agreed to narrow the 10 songs down to 3 for possible singles. We did this independent of each other and compared notes. He and I chose two of the same three, and he won me over to his third choice by helping the artist in me see the more commercial appeal of his third choice over mine. So that's how we arrived at this short list.
Now it's time for a little market research. As my Kickstarter crew you get to be my first field test. I know most of you are not music business people or musicians.... and that's exactly why I want your opinions! You are listeners. Listeners will buy the record. Listeners are going to tell friends about the record. Listeners buy tickets. So I really want to know what you think after you... listen!!
Five things to think about as you listen to the snippets that are attached:
1. Which one is your favorite (by however YOU define that)?
2. Which one do you think would be the most likely to be heard on the radio?
3. Which one did you find yourself humming along to either while you were listening, or after?
4. After listening to all three, does one clearly stand out for you?
5. How do you rank them in order of your preference, 1-3?
Feel free to listen a few times or get back to me right away. Whatever works for you.
Then I attached the snippets. We'll see how it goes!